Natural Language Processing
This is the site for CS 479, Natural Language Processing
Welcome to CS 479 (Fall 2011) and Natural Language Processing (NLP)!
On this wiki you will find course information, the syllabus, the schedule, lecture slides and homework assignments and projects. You can get this information at any time by accessing the links to the left in the navigation panel.
For announcements, be sure to participate in the course's Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/byu-cs-479
CS 401R: Introduction to Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Email: ringger AT cs DOT byu DOT edu
- Phone: 801-422-7615
- Office: 3368 TMCB
- Office Hours: Tue. & Thu. 2-3pm or by appointment
Paul Felt & Kevin Black
- Email: byunlpta AT gmail DOT com
- for individual inquiries only
- all HW and Project questions should be directed to the Google Group for the benefit and participation of others
- Location: 3346 TMCB (NLP Lab)
- Office hours: see schedule
- Days: MWF
- Time: 11:00-11:50pm
- Place: 3718 HBLL
- Per the Schedule -- look for the purple entries
Textbook: Machine Learning: A Probabilistic Perspective by Murphy.
Supplemental Textbook: Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing by Manning & Schuetze.
Schedule: Schedule here on the course wiki.
Announcements: Google Group - BYU CS 479 Announce
- The announcements Google group is used for announcements only. Please give messages on this mailing list high priority.
Discussion Forum: Google Group - BYU CS 479
- The discussion Google group is used by all class members to discuss ideas and questions concerning the homework assignments and projects. TAs and instructor will participate on the group when available.
Project Submissions: On BYU Learning Suite
- If you submit after the due date, please send email to the TA email address to inform the TAs of your late submission, so that the responsible TA will know to look for your assignment.
Grades: On BYU Learning Suite
Homework Keys: On Learning Suite